1. Establish an enterprise-wide approachWe completely agree with these 8, and feel that any organization that employs a document management system that does not employ all 8 of these steps is wasting resources on an inferior solution.
2. Make process re-engineering part of the plan
3. Identify champions among stakeholders in each department or functional group
4. Plan for line-of-business extension and integration
5. Encourage collaboration but control access
6. Provide remote and mobile access
7. Don’t forget to measure incremental process improvement and track ROI
8. Develop a strategy with the flexibility to accommodate change by enabling integration with emerging technology
Friday, February 4, 2011
8 Factors for an Effective Document Management System
Project Mobius writes on their blog 8 important factors any document management system should have.